The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1665 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I didn't figure this out until close to the end. The descriptions were beautiful. The last line is a tear jerker. You should post a tissue warning.
04/26/07
Beautifully written, the words capture every scent and movement and sound. You managed to convey her impatience incredibly well too.
I got that she's dying, but didn't quite get the "no lingering death" paragraph... Other than my wondering what that means, I found this to be beautifully written!
This is beautiful, so well crafted and a tear-jerker.
04/30/07
Oh my, oh my...I'm speechless. This one's one of the best EVER!
05/01/07
I agree with Jan, this left me speechless. Reminds me of the words to a song, "if we never meet again, this side of heaven ..." Beautiful writing, absolutely, beautiful!
Very, very beautiful. Poignant. Thanks, Cheri
05/02/07
I read this one earlier on in the week but didn't comment then. To tell you the truth, I didn't know what to say - maybe that's it - it is something to be savoured in silence. Wonderful!
A beautiful story! A phrase to savor: a love song of no words! Oh my!
Beautiful and thought provoking. Romance is indeed timeless. Enjoyed this greatly.
Bittersweet. Good romance.
05/02/07
Absolutely poetic and beautiful - swept me away in a very special way.
I agree with posting a tissue warning. This is so sweet and sad at the same time. I love the descriptions and the feel as if I'm standing just outside a door and looking in on a very tender scene between a lovely couple. Well done.
05/03/07
Wow, the essence of romance captured here! Beautiful, sweet, emotional and simply masterful.
05/03/07
Now, Pat! Warn me some before I read a story like this. Per usual, a very good story with a real feel and a heartbeat to boot. Even though it felt like I was choking on a dorito. (Choked up) SHame on you:)
God bless.
Congratulations on being highly commended! Nice work. Blessings, Cheri
05/04/07
Awww...what beautiful writing. And what a touching story. :)
12/17/08
Thanks for posting a link to this. Beautifully written.