The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1438 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/19/07
Anyone who can think up a rhyme like downtrodden/Coloradan gets the APT award from me (that's the Ackerson Poetry Trophy). Outstanding!
04/20/07
I agree, anyone who can say downtrodden and Coloradan is golden in my book. This was great, creative, funny and all in all, VERY well done!
I usually don't read poetry-but this was GOOD! I liked the ryhme and flow, there were definitely some unmistakable chuckles woven into there. I especially liked the line with "Science laughing" You brought to life some strangely familiar pictures. I did notice the second line in the third paragraph seemed a bit awkward, but that could just be me on Friday. Nice title and good writing! ^_^
You did manage to combine them all very well together--Christian humor, satire, and poetry. You did settle the denominational debate nicely. Jesus is the only answer period.
04/23/07
Absolutely creative and fun. So much to think and chuckle about. Definitely a poem I'll want to come back to!
04/24/07
Humor...over the top! Great writing!
04/24/07
Unique and creative! You must have worked hard on this one - nicely done! Jo
04/24/07
Very clever. And courageous. I particularly liked your play on Past Present and Future. yeggy
04/24/07
Wow - I especially liked the past-present-future thing. Also the joke about the Methodist and the Presbyterian. Good stuff all round.
I can't belileve you fit that all into a poem! Very clever!
04/25/07
I'm dizzy lol - I will have to read this again and again lol :)
04/25/07
Unique, I liked the technique and rhymed verses.
Whoa! This is cool. I'm not sure I got it all; I'll have to read it again. I thought it was very creative, though. The last line reminds me of one of the best clowns ever, Red Skelton. Very nicely done.
04/26/07
this was very cute, and managed to squeeze quite a few smiles into its words. Thanks for sharing it.