The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2289 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/19/07
Welcome to the world of wacky, off-the-wall humor! I commend you and your ability to be strange and weird. That's a compliment! LOL What fun! Blessings, Jo
04/19/07
This was a creative treat!
The ending was unexpected and had me ROFL!
04/19/07
This was outstanding. I love off the wall, this was off the wall. I also love that we never get to know anything. Now I seems that this would also work for the mystery and if there is an up coming fantasy. GREAT JOB!
Very original and fun to read. I think I've met her!
This is charming. It's one of my favorites so far. I love the fantasy, and the ending is a hoot. Big thumbs up!
I liked the twist at the end, and wonder how many policemen or state troopers hear equally off-the-wall excuses.

I thought the image of the cauldron being removed with a POP was pretty funny, and then the reason why the narrator rinsed it out so carefully: "(I knew ONE place where it had been)".

Thanks for sharing!
04/20/07
This is amazing because you took the theme and ran with it, and I bet you had fun doing so. I thought this was well written, flowed well, and made me smile. I'd not only take an apple, I'd love to listen to stories like that anytime!
Cute! I like the first line best...it makes the reader connect right away, but the second sentence is a tad too long (I couldn't stop to take a breath when reading it back for my cousin ^_^) I didn't see the twist coming with the police cruiser though. Nice trick!
04/20/07
A fun read. Very creative. You could have ended it with the next to the last paragraph, but I'm glad you didn't. The last line clinched her mood. Great job!
I loved this. I knew you were building for something, but I didn't know what. The ending is priceless.
04/21/07
Very funny! What really got me was the little woman's answer to the question about the kind of message she had. She said, 'The kind that tells you something.' Oh my! Of course a message should tell you something! Then the wrap up just about did it. The whole thing is so silly that I'm still laughing. I really liked it. Well done.
04/23/07
Nice bait and switch! I was so anxious to hear what the horse had to say... Overall it was quirky and fun.
04/23/07
This had me laughing out loud -- especially picturing the woman in the pot. The ending was totally unexpected, and came way too soon. (I know -- word limit.) I was enjoying reading your humor and wished it could have continued.
04/23/07
Great twist - I never saw it coming! I loved the voice and subtle humor all the way through - excellent!
I smiled all the way through and it kept me fascinated. Great writing. Great twist. Loved your descriptions on the voice and others. Excellent.
04/23/07
Excedingly funny, and the bit with the cauldron just takes the cake.
04/24/07
Held my interest, piqued my curiosity and I just loved the "excuse" to the police officer. Neat "out in left field" type humor. Not the belly laugh type, but the undercurrent of a smirk all the way through. Very Good!
04/24/07
I run a program called STOP DWI.The cops that I work with tell me stories like this. It would take a rookie to buy that one. None the less I like your story it was fun. Keep on spinning yarns.
04/24/07
I run a program called STOP DWI.The cops that I work with tell me stories like this. It would take a rookie to buy that one. None the less I like your story it was fun. Keep on spinning yarns.
A funny thing happened on the way to the ticket. Good story (tale) here. Anything to excuse a traffic error. Too funny.
04/24/07
I thought I heard them all:) Excellent entry. Very entertaining, funny and smiles galore.
God bless.
04/24/07
This is an amazing piece. The ending came out of nowhere! I love surprise endings and this didn't fail to please. You keep the reader interested in hearing the message from the horse and then blind side them with the end. Wonderfully done. The beginning seemed a tad forced, but it by no means distracts from the piece.
Too funny. Never trust a little person with a cauldron. LOL
04/25/07
Very imaginative. Lots of fun :) But, was there really a horse? hehe
This is what happens when you mix a great writer and a great imagination. Great descriptions - I could see it all, especially the vision of the little woman in the pot, like an upside down turtle. I love how you thew us for a loop with that ending.
04/26/07
Laugh after laugh after laugh here - this has got to do well. (Also well written, I should add)
04/26/07
From the first word to the last I throughly enjoyed reading this engaging story. Very visual with a totally unexpexcted twist at the end. yeggy
And an orange cauldron to boot! Funny! The last line just takes the cake! Thanks, Cheri
04/26/07
This was funny. The woman was creepy. I loved your surprise ending!
04/26/07
another thing...i also loved how you described the woman when she sat on the cauldron. God bless!
05/19/07
Here I was thinking the pudgy little woman would turn out to be the narrator's little daughter with a big plastic tricks-n-treats basket. You have quite a delightful imagination, and I loved the surprise ending, too.

And, I'm glad I came calling (and got to read this) to thank you for your comment on my historical entry. Much appreciated!
09/23/07
Loved the little gal - and I'm laughing. Yet, I am a bit disappointed - I really wanted to know what the horse had to say! You write very well, this is great.