The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1552 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Unique spin on the topic. I like that the mother saw something different (and better) than the child did. Isn't that just like a mom?
Nicely done.
01/26/07
We often judge ourselves too harshly. However, your mom saw with eyes of love, just as Jesus sees us. You managed to express this without actually saying it.
01/28/07
With the "Title", I figured I was going to be reading about "brain cells"; you know, "gray matter?" However, it was a delightful and fun read. I enjoyed the candor and the lighthearted chit chat between mother and daughter. Nice job.
01/28/07
I too. thought it was going to be a 'brainy' entry! ;)

Instead it was a precious perspective of love with a touch of dry wit - very good! :) Loved the visuals.
01/28/07
Outstanding, unique, inspiring and very well done. I feel like an old lump of clay on somebody's door post sometimes myself. Enjoyed this very much. God bless.
01/28/07
How nice. This was so believeable as well as heartwarming. Made me smile.
01/29/07
Wonderful dialogue. I loved this sweet portrait of a mother's perspective. Aren't we just like that?
01/29/07
What I liked most here was the interaction between this mature woman and her mother--a relationship not often depicted. They seem very real and likeable.
01/30/07
Very nice! I like the description of the sculpture and it was a nice way for the mom to honor her child's unique talents. I enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing it
02/01/07
This is a wonderful piece. I have been on the receiving end of many of your prayers . I know that your heart was in this precious story. Oh that we could all be a lump of clay with prayer knees.