The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2150 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/08/06
Delicious lunacy. I can tell you had great fun reading this. I love the deliberate understatements – air-conditioned drapes, being my favourite. One little presentation point – I suspect the narrative would flow better with an additional line break before each new bulletin announcement.
12/08/06
Never stopped grinning from the first word to the last. Absolutely adorable!
12/09/06
This was pure fun. Thanks so much for brightening my day!
I really did love this. it was so cleverly written--just the type of humor I enjoy.
12/10/06
I love the kind of smile this grand story gave me as read it. It's one of those lingering smiles I'm sure I'll be carring with me for days to come. Excellent job and God bless.
Love it! Too funny!
I don't often laugh out loud when reading entries, but the fruitcake paragraph did me in!
12/11/06
This one I will forward to my pastor who I imagine could use a little bit more humor in his job too. Wonderfuly written.
12/11/06
Oh, Betty - what a RIOT! This is simply fun and charming and pleasant. Loved it!
12/12/06
I laughed out loud. I could imagine the pastor's tongue set firmly in his cheek as he wrote these newsletters. Very well done! Thanks for sharing it.
12/12/06
Delightful! This conregation sounds like "a keeper" to me. Great job.
12/12/06
Loved the charm and wit of this wonderful piece. Unique take on the subject and well done. Bravo.
12/13/06
How delightful! It sounds like a first hand account, poor dears.
from another pastors' wife
This was delightful! Entertaining and fun from start to finish. I'll bet it was fun to write! Blessings, Cheri
12/13/06
this humor is perfect for what I needed after my past two days. Thank you for making me laugh aloud and thank you for sharing. Blessings!
I'm still smiling. You did an awesome job, and I enjoyed it very much. I loved the "exraordinary" fruit cake. An original, take on the topic.
There were so many cute lines in this. Very fun entry and loved the pastor's cheeky personality. :)
This was hilarious! I'm glad I didn't miss reading it, thanks to deboggy's links. I especially loved the part with the kitten. I love all cats :) and thought that piece was cute along with the title. Good job and congrats on your win.
(Thanks for commenting on Amber-eyed adventure!)
12/14/06
Hahahahaha! I absolutely loved it! Congratulations on a well-deserved win!
12/14/06
Well done! I enjoyed this immensely! So creative and funny! Keep up the good work.
12/14/06
I laughed out loud. A very well deserved win
Congratulations
That was great! I could picture the pastor and his wife chasing after the animals. Made me smile BIG!
06/28/07
This is hilarious. Enjoyed reading it.
I love how you write Betty! The dry humor of the Pastor was perfect for his weekly address to the congregation. Well done and congratulations my friend!
I loved reading this again. Your humor is such fun to read. My favorite picture was the poor preacher's wife drunk on the fruit cake. This was truly deserving of first place.
12/24/09
Absolutely delightful in every way!!! A job well done and credit well deserved!
12/24/09
What a long-suffering pastor! This is such a delightful window into parish life---it would make a great idea for a tv movie.

Thank you for leaving a comment on my Christmas Eve story. I'm so glad you liked it.