The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1280 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/01/06
Ohhhhh, I bow to your obvious talent. This was very in-keeping with hobbit adventures IMO! What an adventure indeed!!! Can't wait to see the trilogy. LOL
12/02/06
LOL!! Despite my dislike of LOTR (or perhaps because of it), this cracked me up. Funny little guy never knew what he just kept missing. Well, gracious, that's the moral of the story , isn't it? Very clever!
Love, love, love this story! You have Tolkein down. Kudos.
12/04/06
Drat that word count anyway... if given a few hundred more pages, a good pot of afternoon tea and a few cakes, it may have made an excellant evening tale.. Way to go..
Hehe, very fun! I agree with Pup that I'd like to see an indepth version of this.
12/04/06
Lots of fun - I love your main character's voice. I am only vaguely familiar with the Tolkein stuff, but that didn't stop me from really enjoying this!
12/04/06
Well done and entertaining! My only dislike of this is a true compliment. It is just wordy to read - but then that's a hallmark of LOTR. Tolkien never said anything in a simple way. You've drafted an authentic rendition of the original voice. Very entertaining and a novel would be a fun companion to sit next to the (4-book) trilogy.
12/05/06
Okay, I must say this was stupendous. I have to admit I'm a fan of LOTR. You captured the feel and voice of Tolkien's writing with such precision. This was an enjoyable read--fun & creative. Bravo!
This was a fun and interesting read. I'm not a big fan of LOTR, but I do love how you wrote this and made it seem so different and interesting.
Thanks for commenting on Eon-Force Volunteers.