The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1450 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/19/06
Wow - This was very painful to read but full of emotion. I hope it's not true but somehow I think it is. God bless you - So glad you found the light. In Christ's Love,

Julia
08/19/06
Immensely powerful writing (I know who this is). I love the twist at the end, where he goes into the dark valley, and she is in the light.
Powerful! Well done.
08/22/06
So, so tactile and dark. This was VERY hard to read, but masterfully composed. The pain is so real I can taste it. Amazing writing!
I feel your pain! Excellently written!
This reader reads this piece as if written by a person who knew the immense pain, humility and torture suffered. No one but God and the person it happened to knows the suffering they endured and the lingering nightmares they must suffer. Isn't it great to know there is someone Greater to see people through such pain and suffering? By sharing this article, I'm sure it will help someone else to maybe share their story and to bring about a healing of sorts. God Bless.
A wrenching thing to read, for sure...but I love the perspective of separation between the pain and the person. The valley of torture can bruise the body and soul but not destroy the heart. Excellent!
08/23/06
This writer has a Masters degree (summa cum laude) in wordsmithing, just the right word in just the right place at just the right time. I am in awe.