The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1474 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/27/06
I really enjoyed this piece for it was delightful and insightful at the same time. You also captured the ability to preach the righteous life of a Christian without sounding preachy. Finally, in a short time, I connected with your characters and could envision the scene. Thanks. I enjoyed this and hope to read more from you.
07/27/06
If Mattie were real, I bet she'd join FW! What a wonderful asset that would be! She might as well be real, the way you potrayed her. Great job!
07/27/06
WOW! I love Mattie, your superb characterization made both Mattie and Diane jump right off the page. Great dialogue. Master story telling!
07/27/06
This is wonderful! This has to place and if it doesn't you should sue! I loved the creative take on "walk". And great job getting you point across without sounding preachy. I just hate it when people are preachy. I fell in love with Mattie! What a wonderful woman.
Short writing is the hardest type of writing there is. You've done an excellent job of creating real characters that have a message to give. I think I've met Mattie at my church. She's the oldest member of the church and her life is her walk. She's always got something good to say, and teaches you life lessons just by being in your life if it's for a moment or a while. You've got an excellent knack for quickly creating sparkling characters.
07/29/06
A great story! I loved this line: "...we're walking through this world leavin' footprints all over the place." So true. Very well done.
08/01/06
Bravo! Bravo! I loved this piece. Wonderfully creative and perfect for this week's topic. Mattie's character was well-constructed and the dialogue was great. Your writing talent shines - I'm sure you'll be moving up to Advanced very soon. Well done!
08/01/06
Wonderful story and characterization - you do a superb job of developing these two characters in such a short time. I would love to meet Mattie!
Awesome Job! Yes, Mattie Olsen is still leaving footprints...this story has left footprints on my heart.
Your stories always capture me from beginning to end, and I never regret reading them. Thanks for writing.
08/01/06
This is absolutely wonderful! Just wanted to let you know though, you do have a typo in line 3. I always want to know when people find typos in my work. Very excellent writing!
I really liked Mattie and think you did a good job portraying her character, true to age. I also love hearing wisdom from those who have lived history we can only read about. :)
08/02/06
I can almost hear Mattie's voice. Great job bringing the reader into the character and letting us see, feel and hear everything about her. Great writing!
08/02/06
A wonderful slice of life -love the humor :)