The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1283 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/13/06
Very confusing in the beginning - didn't know who was talking to whom; however, I kept tryng to find the "Break" topic...and again got frustrated. I did find it in the Title, however - and I enjoyed your creativity.
02/14/06
I really like it when a writer can tell a story using just dialogue. This piece really moves!
02/14/06
Good dialogue; strong message. I liked the ending. Hope Jackie didn't get fired too.
02/16/06
Good job writing the dialog, you balanced it well with description, and the story moved right along. The reporter's actions seem very unliely to me, unless he realizes that he will lose his job. You're a first-rate storyteller with a passionate message!
02/16/06
Great story and great job telling it. Wouldn't it be nice if reporters actually DID tell both sides of the story?? Ah, we can dream.

I LOVED the Association for Secular Society - A.S.S. - lol. Nice touch :)
02/17/06
I thought this was great! I love that you ended it right there - confirming that he felt better doing what was right, regardless of the consequences. You also made his inner conflict very real. Really great job!
02/17/06
The dialogue was crisp and really moved the story forward. I followed right along and enjoyed the unfolding storyline. Great resolution!
02/17/06
Very cool - I could see the whole thing. Loved the line about them surrying away like cockroaches.
Your dialogue was well-crafted. You immediately had me wondering what the newsbreak story was that Charlie was being ordered to read as-is. That was a wonderful line about newsmen not being commentators. That idea changed with 'Uncle Walter' Cronkite, and ever since the news has been delivered with personal reaction to sway public opinion. You captured that idea well. And both sides should be able to react as your main character did and state the truth. I could almost see this entire story. Well done!