The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1186 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/17/06
Very nice writing!! Loved how you did the dialogue. :)
01/20/06
Overall: Very nice and touching.

Things I liked: Details, like the broken shutter and the flowers. The emotion of the "special girl" and the ending. Excellent.

Things I didn't like: Transition from girl looking at the garden to girl crying. A little rough, needed some more uneasiness or distress earlier on. The "telling" of the memories instead of "showing" them as a flashback.

Things missing: Hope. Almost a requirement at FW, some foreshodowing that God interacts with the character in some way. I know you are a subtle writer and I reread the boyfriend a few times looking to see if there is a shadowing of Christ there. I couldn't find it if it was.

Still, another touching, captivating read. I always appreciate your entries. Congrats!
01/21/06
A very interesting story -left with some mysteries! What happened to her father? why were they living under the bridge..... well done, but I want more lol
This is very touching, but I really want to know what happened to the girls dad and why she is now sleeping rough. Perhaps you could use this as a framework for a longer story. God bless
01/23/06
So many questions leave us hanging! Why couldn't her father come home? Where did she go? What happened to change her life so? (just a few!) It has the makings and skill of a great story! You better finish this and submit it in 'Regular' - and tell us when you do! That's an order! :)