The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 387 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/11/18
You have lived a very fascinating life, I enjoyed your article.
01/11/18
Thank you for sharing your life-long love of books. You mentioned beginning novels not quite long enough yet to be a full fledged novel. Have you thought about short story writing? I have written several short stories for young people, and find that process challenging and rewarding even though not as lengthy a process as a novel.
What a lovely account of how books were a big part of your life.

I enjoyed reading this; however, I felt like the story jumped back and forth in time as where maybe some of the thoughts could have been grouped together.

Your descriptions in your writing were good; I pictured what it was like for your growing up.
01/12/18
You wrote an interesting article that held my attention throughout. When you mention specific childhood stories, it stirs up my own memories. Your topic seems to move around; I think you have several articles or chapters here to expound on.
01/14/18
Very interesting! I can tell you have had a lifelong love for books! I too, have produced several books from poetry my grandmother wrote, to family cookbooks, and personal family adventures. I believe that is what encouraged me to broaden my creative abilities. Keep up that diary! You would be surprised at what you can find to write about! Great job!
This has been an enjoyable piece of personal history. Well written so it became an enjoyable read.

I won't ask how old you are but the thought did come to me.
01/19/18
Dorothy,

You have such an interesting life. Anne of Green Gables and other books by L.M. Montgomery are among my favorites. I hope I will be able to visit Prince Edward Island someday.