The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1509 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Well done. You kept me engaged throughout.
This story touched me, and especially the last line "Jesus had come to clean house."
I wonder if Fredericka knew how close her homegoing was and wanted to get the house clean so that her daughter would not have to deal with it.
How sad that Carrie spent one of the remaining weeks of her mother's life away from her, but what a wonderful final gift she planned. This was beautiful!
12/07/05
Good writing here.
12/09/05
Excellent writing and a very touching story. You know how your eyes get dry and tired from reading? Well, I have been reading entries for quite some time and your story furnished my eyes with the necessary liquid to soothe them, and I Thank you!
12/10/05
Enjoyed this story. And, being a bit of a neat freak myself, I could see myself being like her someday. Great job.
Great job using dialog to create two personalities. I couldn't help but think it was good that the daughter cleared out her mom's stuff as a pleasant memory while she was still alive, so there would be less stuff to take care of during her hurt after the mom was gone. Loved the last sentence.
12/11/05
Wonderful story! I enjoyed it immensely! Great writing!
12/13/05
Jez,
seriously suprised this wasn't a winner this week.
I love the last line: 'Jesus had come to a clean house'.
This story gave me goosebumps.
It was really awesome!
Still, totally suprised it wasn't a winner...