The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 938 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/08/14
Well-done and on topic.

God bless~
you have a way with words greater than I.

Yes, we must enter through the narrow gate and faithfully walk the narrow road not allowing the cares of life to distract and lead us from the heavenly goal.

Good to see such a unique use of and arrange of words.
03/10/14
Poetry is an obvious strong point of yours and this is no exception. Great stuff. To me the last line didn't need the -- but that's just my opinion.
03/11/14
I loved this! Well written! Good aabb rhyme! I wouldn't have used the - either, probably commas , but thats the beauty of poetry we can be unique. Also "cleverly" instead of clever would ring back to iambic pentameter and out of the 8 syllables as you have a couple of lines just with 8.
I really enjoyed this though! Think its a win!
03/11/14
Excellent rhyming. I got lost on the syllable counts though. I like the message and your words are beyond my vocabulary. Stunning how you brought them all together. Good Job!
03/13/14
Congratulations on your fine win. I am thrilled for you, Wendy. You are a fine poet!
03/13/14
Congrats! God bless~
03/13/14
Congrats girl!
Thank you all so much for your comments. I just love our FW's family!

I have been so busy and unable to read entries and leave comments the last couple of weeks but I sincerely thank each of you for taking the time to comment on mine.

I'll make it up in the upcoming quarter.
03/13/14
Congratulations!
03/13/14
Congrats! I knew this was a winner!
Although poetry isn't my favorite genre, you did a brilliant job with this piece. The rhythm and flow felt quite natural. Your message profound and spot on topic. Congratulations on ranking 2nd in your level and 21 overall. The highest rankings can be found on the message boards. Also, if you haven't had a chance to check out Jan's Writing Basics on the message boards,I would urge you to do so over the break. They are for all levels of writers. You already have some amazing talent, and I believe her tips will propel you upward even more. She is great about answering every post, even older threads and I believe she has one on poetry as well. You have amazing talent already and I do look forward to seeing your pieces each week. Again congratulations!