The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1196 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I enjoyed your story and I can really relate to it. I live in the neighboring state of Georgia.
11/21/05
Funny, funny, funny! (and I say that with just a touch of bitterness, as I live in Michigan, and have been known to wear gloves in June...)
11/21/05
You have a wonderful sense of humor! I live north of Detroit and, alas, your observations are all too true! Be careful to follow your topic sentence or use more paragraphs; you have a lot of good ideas tucked into each one and this tends to smudge the clarity of your thoughts. Keep up the good work--we all need to laugh more!
Like Jan and Sue, I live in the North and so hearing about winter from a Southern p.o.v. is refreshing. Very humorous!! But I didn't know you actually needed long johns in the South. My favorite one liner, and there were so many treasures of humor here, was about Detroit being frozen like a Mrs. Paul's fishstick three quarters of the year. Your bitter winter of 93 with one foot of snow in spots is like a normal beginning to winter up here where I live. Oh, and by the way, a credit card works just as well as a CD jewel case. You had me laughing!!
11/22/05
I enjoyed the humor in your story. "roasting vienna weiners with a blow torch" Thank you so much for sharing. Nice work. God bless ya, littlelight
This made me smile! You have a lovely way of looking at things, and some nice turns of phrase to illustrate the vagaries of winter in the south. Take care to stay focused, but this was lovely. God bless
11/26/05
Very Cute(but was thinking it would have something to do with cats :0)?).Your dry wit is very refreshing!
That Winter of'93 was one for the books. In NC we lost power, so cooked pancakes on the gas grill(after my child shoveled a path to find it). Neighbors with no fireplace slept on our floor. Brrr. I think I need to go to Alabama.
11/27/05
Cute :)
12/02/05
How I missed reading this, I'll never know...but it is super funny, super entertaining and I understood every word because I also lived through the '93 fiasco! All of our cars(neighbors of my apartment complex) were stranded at the bottom of the hill & had to walk home...Great sense of humor here...loved it! Fellow Writer from the Heart of Dixie.