The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 855 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/26/13
This was an interesting approach to the topic...the story held my attention and you brought the images to life.

Thank you. God bless~
It sounds like a real story of a real preacher. Well written.

I like the short paragraphs. These make it easier to read.
I enjoyed the part about Miss May and Sam. You did a nice job of describing that part. People can behave like animals sometimes. You did a nice job of painting a picture of the disagreeing dogs.

I admit I was a bit confused in the beginning. I couldn't quite figure out why dogs were going to church. I wonder if it was meant as an analogy that went over my head. That happens to me a lot. Remember that words like pastor, district, and church are common nouns and shouldn't be capitalized unless part of a name.

You did a nice job on what I thought was a difficult topic. You may want to check out Jan's Writing Basics on the message board. She has a thread that gives great advice for beginners and master writers alike. Keep writing. Only you can tell the story that God puts on your heart. Your story will make people stop and think. That's always a good thing. :)