The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 965 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/27/12
Good story, strong emotions spewing. And a great tale of obvious disagreements. I liked the ending, how the husband learned from his 'behavior' and used it as an example for bible class. Nicely done.

God Bless~
01/27/12
I loved your article. As I read I was waiting for your husband to realize what happened to you could have happened to anyone. God took care of it better than I could have, of course, and your rendering of the account was well done.
01/27/12
I loved your article. As I read I was waiting for your husband to realize what happened to you could have happened to anyone. God took care of it better than I could have, of course, and your rendering of the account was well done.
01/28/12
Gotta love God's sense of humor when He points out the errors of our ways. Great story, well told, and a lesson from which we can all benefit.
01/30/12
Your story shares a nice lesson in being kind to each other even in the midst of a disagreement.

Your story would come alive if you did more showing and less telling. This link has a good article on the subject. http://www.dailywritingtips.com/show-dont-tell/

Also, you might want to read up on the appropriate way to write dialogue. When a new person is speaking you need to start a new paragraph for one.

I like the lesson learned in your story. Nice job. :)
I really enjoyed the ending. It hit home with me and is a great piece of wisdom.

Be careful how many times you repeat words. In the second paragraph you repeat the words almost right under each other. Work on different structure sentences. Instead of using passive verbs like I was on the Ford. Change it up by Bouncing along on the little Ford, I stretched to pull the hand brake back. The second sentence paints a picture.

I liked how you described farm life. You took me make to my days as a youth living out in farmland. Nice job of showing the topic in a different way.