The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1446 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/27/05
The descriptive detail is very well done. This is a prose poem. Thank you for posting.
10/27/05
I agree! Your use of desription is very well done! You have taken a tiny picture and painted it in fine detail! thanks!
10/27/05
Very poetic and lovely, with an ending that made me gulp. That's a masterful touch!
Every word seems to be choosen with great care. The end result is very elegant and flows like poetry. Very nice descriptions and details.
Excellent imagery. You took me straight to the end and placed me right where you wanted me. Thank you!
10/27/05
I agree with all of the above. The description is excellent. I like the touch at the end, too. Well written story:)
10/28/05
It took me a moment to figure out the pattern here - maybe I shouldn't be doing this at this time of night. :) However, I did figure it out, and I LOVE it. That last paragraph is so powerful!
10/28/05
A painting in words - very well done.
Excellent descriptions--quite beautiful. I would like to see them packaged in a more cohesive story, rather than just a collection of poetic descriptions. I tend to be a very purposeful reader...not one to linger over the beauty of a single line. However, if I had been judging you would have done very well overall. Expect to see your work in Advanced soon! :)