The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 694 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I think it's time they put a little tissue box in the corner of the screen for those that might make you cry.

I will hear the swing in my dreams tonight. beautifully story.
Wow! I will not be able to get the sound out of my head. what an excellent vehicle in this story! Original. Powerful.
03/05/10
Very effective use of repetition--when you left it off a few paragraphs toward the end, you really make your reader sit up, slow down, and read those paragraphs carefully.
03/05/10
Those of us who have swung in a porch swing with our grandmas can really relate to what you wrote. Very well done.
03/06/10
What a beautiful story.I loved rocking my babies. Fantastic job of drawing us into your story.
03/06/10
I enjoyed your story. Reminded me of the times I spent with my grandmother. Unique way of using Eek. Good job!
03/06/10
This was good. I, myself, have a front porch swing that goes, "Eek, eek, eek." It's a comforting sound. I really liked your story - good writing!
03/07/10
Very nice... I heard it too... it is great to have those sounds and smells that remind us of people we have loved and missed... I have a few of them myself! I think we have a winner here.
03/09/10
Such a fantabulous (my own made-up word- (*.*) ), touching story! I had tears in my eyes as I read it, and it is very well written! Thanks for sharing this sweet memory with us. God Bless.
This brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful tribute to grandmothers and mothers everywhere. Beautiful!
03/10/10
Beautifully done. As many have said, it makes me long for my own grandmother.