The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 946 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/25/10
HA! I love it! Too many of those things are starting to sound familiar to me, too...
This is great. You have some really funny lines, too many to mention.
Love it! You are hilarious and its amazing how I've lived this story.
02/26/10
Love the humor you dispensed throughout this progression of life. Didn't quite see the tie-in to the topic, but enjoyed it all the same.
03/01/10
Ditto for me. Didn't see the tie-in to the topic, but absolutely loved the humor. Line after line made me smile and a few laughs as well. Plus, it drew me in well and the writing was crafted in a way that then drew me steadily and smoothly from line to line. Excellent humor article.
03/01/10
Excellent writing with very engaging humor. Although I wonder where did you get the notion that middle age was 39? Middle age would be around 50 (if you don't agree you might verify it with the scriptures, the only source that I would believe). I thought turning 40 was hard, but it did not compare to turning 50. It's your attitude. If you feel middle age then you'll be middle age. So my advice to you is stop complaining and jump back in. The water is fine. Enjoy those forties. (Forty is the new twenty-something with diet and exercise). And then slide into your fifties with grace and pinache.
03/03/10
Really, really engaging voice. Such a fun read!

Two small suggestions: I think you could break your paragraphs into smaller, more digestible chunks--and maybe strengthen the topic a bit.

I loved the wry humor here, and grinned all the way through this. Wonderful!
Congratulations on your "Highly Commended" rating. It's well deserved. I chuckled all the way through this piece and definitely could relate. Loved the title, that's what made me want to read it. Good Job. Excellent writing.
This was well-written with a wonderful sense of humor. I love how you approach aging with a twinkle in your eye! I totally understand the ketchup on the ceiling, although in my case it was yogurt! Thanks for the smile.