The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 849 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/14/10
Great ending! The comparison of the Christmas tree to the cross is very thought-provoking. Thanks so much for sharing this!
01/15/10
This was a good story that I think fit the theme great.
01/15/10
Well said.
01/15/10
Good story! i wondered where you were going with this, since your opening contained the "Ow" (I was hoping your MC was not going to fall down the stairs or saw his fingers off!!) but your ending was great and brought home the point very well.
01/15/10
Great comparison, although I found it a little distracting when you switched from past tense to present tense with your verbs.
01/15/10
There is a softness about this entry that envelops the reader and causes serious thought.
I enjoyed it very much.

Mona
I enjoyed this very much and I love how you incorporated the ow in the last sentence.
Good job.
01/17/10
Well written story, an example of how sometimes in doing everday things, if we listen God brings us to a poignant moment of revelation.
01/18/10
Excellent object lesson, written with just the right balance of humor and seriousness.

Be careful to stay consistent--either past tense or present.

I've started a class in the FaithWriters forums for Beginner and Intermediate writers. I'd love to see you there--look for "Jan's Writing Basics".

This is timely and well-written.
A nice, easy pace, that matches the actions of the character, taking his time with his chore. I love how this wove into a message at the end, and the man's final thought. Great job!