The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 928 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/11/05
This was a sweet telling of your treasured memory. Family time, especially in the midst of God's beautiful creation, can never have a price tag.
07/15/05
I'd be interested in knowing how the next trip to the beach went.
Very nice writing, enjoyable story and experience.
God bless, littlelight
07/15/05
Some very nice memories. It would be great to read more about their time in Romania (I have a good friend from college from there).
This reads sort of like a documentary. I almost expected it to keep going.....!
07/16/05
Very sweet. I loved the title; and now and forevermore will think of Myrtle Beach as a beach named Myrtle! :0)
I love this and felt like I was there at times. It is so wonderful when families love and respect each other but best all when they like each other and know how to have fun together. I would like join you folks on your next vacation, only kidding! Thanks for sharing and a good job!
07/18/05
Another excellent story with vibrant scenes, etc. But, as a reader I don't need to know that you are telling me a story that your son and daughter-in-law took part in. I just want the story. So tell it as if from their point of view. Make it real time. ie: The jet touched down in Romania. I was nervous. I'd never been so far from home.... etc. You can still convey the events as you wrote about them but it would be so much more alive written a bit differently.