The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2106 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I liked your story, and then loved how you tied it into our Heaven Father's House! Thank you!
Marvelous story telling. You bring the children to life and one can see the struggle between the coal dust and the cleaning person. I too grew up in a small coal mining town in PA but way after the mines were emptied and closed. However, on one of the street where houses were built over the mines, some of the houses caved in---no one was home at the time, thank God. Keep writing and develop your talent...
06/14/05
I loved the picture your piece painted in my mind. I found myself wanting more. thanks.
06/15/05
Very nicely written -I can see clearly.
Instead of bringing your memories to us, you brought us to your memories. The description of your fathers' houses both here on earth and in heaven were very special.
I too grew up in a small mining town in PA. Small world. My dad was miner so I can really associate with this piece on many levels. Thanks for the memories!
Lovely story, I could well imagine the twelve children and the worn floors. A perfect quotation to end the piece.
Nice story. I love to hear the history of people who lived long ago. 12 kids and only 3 bedrooms..Thanks for sharing
Beautiful comparison.