The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1126 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A good example of the topic here. Thanks for sharing.
Good story. Spot on.
02/29/08
Ohhh, I just want to reach out and hug those little ones! Perfect story/example of how we can get soooo busy in church we forget to minister to ones standing right in our midst. Excellent writing.
03/01/08
I LOVE the last paragraph of this - the descriptions and word choice are just PERFECT to convey your message without being completely blatant about it.
Very good.
03/01/08
Ouch!

Great writing, and with a pang of bitter irony.
I loved your descriptions. I could feel what Frannie was feeling. It's a good reminder for us to really pay attention to one another and listen! Thanks for that...
03/02/08
Well-written story with a great ending. Keep writing.
Poor Fran, reading this, you can really feel for her.
So very much right on topic and I'm afraid so true to today, thanks for a great reminder to pay attention to those close at hand.
03/04/08
Sad but true. So many of our church relationships are so "surface." Nice work.
03/06/08
How very sad; but definitely very true so many times. Perfect example of the topic...and written very well. Hitting the nail on the head with this entry made me go away sad; but enlightened. Thanks for sharing.
Poor Frannie. I used to attend a church very similar to hers. People were friendly, but they were all too busy to take the time and fellowship with others. It left me feeling like an outcast. Needless to say, I ended up finding another church that enjoyed having fellowship.

Congratulations Glynis! Your moving on up to Advanced. You deserve it. Superb writing. :)
03/06/08
Congratulations on your 2nd place. You really nailed what happens every week in thousands of churches. Nice job with the topic.
03/07/08
Congratulations on 2nd place in Intermediate! Great piece, and I'll see you in advanced... :)
03/09/08
This unfortunately sounds familiar to me. I enjoyed reading this. Great job and congrats on moving on up!