The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 919 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oh,how familiar that sounds!! I liked this, and God has obviously given you talent. Satan works so hard to convince us to give up, but that's only because he's terrified of what will happen when we don't. If only all of us had the faith to follow our dreams, what a world that would be!
02/08/08
This is very creative, but I'm not sure I understand it. Was it a person at the computer all along? Was the "audience" just voices in her head? I really liked this--read it twice--just not sure what to make of it.
I'm with Jan on this one. But half way through, I started to smile. And I recognized my life here. This is a very creative piece. I'm giving you a thumbs up and a pat on the back. Keep writing!
02/09/08
Boy, can I relate to the constant interruptions of life! I was a little lost, too, but I like the creativity of it. :-)
This is an original idea and well written. Like the others, however, I was confused as to what was going on. I thought at first she was playing the piano and singing. But over-all I think this is clever and only needs a little clarification here and there.
I get the feeling the MC is a writer and she's writing about a pianist who is constantly being put down by people and is always on the verge of giving up.

The MC, as a writer, feels the same way. She lacks confidence in her ability to write and wants to give up. Well she shouldn't!!! The writer DOES have talent. She should continue writing, nurturing the gift God has given her and continue seeking God's guidance for what He wants her to write.

Never believe the lies Satan whispers to you that you can't write. He will do anything to stop you from writing for God's glory.
Good writing. Not sure about being on topic, but the POV is easy to spot. Keep it up.
02/13/08
As I read this - I kept looking for something about "a man is known about the company he keeps." I did, however, find a mess of people arguing at a rehearsal I think...and a writer that quit. Unique and different. Keep writing.