The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 842 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Interesting use of "picking" and "nos"....it had me laughing as soon as you started it! I enjoy this clever writing.
So clever, can't wait for more Darwinism lessons from you. Much good material here.
Heard something on the radio yesterday about choosing your regrets, this echoed what the commentor was stressing. Thanks and keep up the good words.
01/17/08
Thank you. I enjoyed your story very much.
01/18/08
Very clever and creative. This kept me engaged, and your title is GREAT (though I might have called it "picking your 'nos'). Great examples, and good teaching.
01/21/08
To say “yes” requires saying “no.” To not pick your “nos” is to let your “nos” pick itself.

WONderfully brilliant phrase. Good stuff.
I liked your didactic writing style. My one comment would be that the Darwin story speakes for itself, but maybe let the reader know a little more about Lindsey Jacobellis in the 2006 Winter Olympics. That way, those unfamiliar with the situation would have a better undestanding of where the message was headed. Your use of humor was a nice touch and "Picking your Nos" may have been a better lead-in title. Great job, keep up the great writing.