The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1864 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/02/07
This is great! How neat to see a person grow up and live life in so few words right in front of our eyes! Good job!
Laury
I loved the progression, and was moved by Virginia's faith.
11/03/07
Great entry. I love the way Fil is threaded throughout the story, ending up the girl's partner. And how history repeats itself in the last paragraph with Jay.
This is very good. I felt connected with your MC, and like how you spanned so much time with so few words. Your last line is perfect.
What fun. I so enjoyed watching Virginia as she grew and went through the many stages of her life. Great job.
11/05/07
So neat - I love the progression, and especially the note in the end!
Love the chronicle of Virginia Lee's faithfulness through the years. A great encouragement for Sunday School teachers too.
When I finished reading this, I leaned back in my chair, and thought over what I just read, it had impact. I wish I could get this into the hands of everyone that don’t go to Sunday school.
11/06/07
Wonderful, unique take on the theme. I love it. Well done, and amen — God bless the Sunday School.
11/07/07
This is a winner in more places than just here. All of us of a certain age who had Sunday School the old fashion way can relate. It's one of those things that should never die out, thank you for the reminder.
Oh, I love this! The progression is perfect and the message is outstanding. Excellent entry!
this is a winner! ( in my book, sorry, I'm not a judge this time)I loved it so much. Very well written and I'm assuing this is true due to author's note!? If so, how wondeful to be able to read over diary notes of such a woman of faith.
This is an outstanding piece. It really connects with the reader. Great job!
11/08/07
This is wonderful -- and became even more special when I read it was about a real person. What incredible memories -- and a great witness to the power of "Sunday School." Really good job with this entry and the topic. One of my favorites.
Wow - I love this, Laura! I really like the transition from childhood to adulthood, along with her changing feelings about Phil. Very well written - Can't wait to read more of your work.
11/08/07
Congratulations on your much deserved EC. This is great.
A great writing for a lovely message. Congratulations!
11/08/07
Congrats on your Editors Choice Win and coming 2nd in your level. It's off to Advanced for you already!
11/10/07
Congratulations! This article is quite strikingly different.
When I started reading, I didn't spot the ages at first, but I loved this article and felt it deserved a high placing. Hope you keep on being creative; you're really good at that baby talk!
11/11/07
Neat entry & great last paragraph & line. Congrats on your EC!