The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1924 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/21/07
Great humor.
09/22/07
Love this story. Great writing! I especially like thinking about old Elizabeth chasing after John:)
Laury
First babies can be unsettling to say the least. I remember the unrest of tending to my first child. Thank God for his peace.
09/23/07
This is a delightful story. I could really sympathize with you as you tried on the role of mother during an already hectic season. I like the ending, and the peace that finally comes to both of you. The humor in the entry adds a charming and wistful feel, too. Very nice!
09/23/07
Very nice and relatable too. Loved the humor, good writing.
09/24/07
This is really nice. I, too, had a December baby (16 years ago) and can empathize with your frustrations. Not only is this a nice devotional, but it is written very well. Good job.
09/27/07
Congratulations on your 1st place. This is very good and one of my favorites this week. Great job.
This truly reflected the peace and wholeness we feel when it's not just "baby and I "Jesus, baby, and I." Well written and more than worthy of your win.

09/28/07
Congratulations, Karen. In addition to your first place in Level 2, you entry has placed 13th overall. The Lists for the Top 15 in each Level and the Top 40 overall is available in the Weekly Results and Highest Rankings forum of our Faithwriters Message Boards.
Excellently written. I loved your story.
10/06/07
So beautifully written. Makes me want to scoop up my children and start singing right now. I think I will....

Such calming peace in this piece.