The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1554 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/10/07
Wonderful, wry voice! I was hoping that someone would be able to write a humorous piece for this topic. Thank you very much!
08/11/07
I love this. Funny, sad, naive, wise, expectant, disappointment — all kinds of emotions and stuff going on. Nice work.
08/11/07
Well, should it be "Because of him, it was love at first fight." or "Because of him, it was love at first bite."? Ha! Ha!

Darling story...so nice to have a humorous break from all the serious anger in the air!

Nice writing. Very descriptive. I really enjoyed this great story!
08/13/07
Loved this one! The wry humor sprinkled throughout was delightfully funny, the lobster, the Plan, the whole thing I would call A MASTERPIECE - I hope this one places! You Made my day!
08/15/07
They killed Luther?!?!

How COULD they????

Heh heh...

Seriously though, this is a great piece and it kinda goes to show how men and women think.

It's witty and warm and to be honest I was mildly surprised that you touched Luther.

My own bride prefers to distance herself from creatures that resemble a Madagascar Hissing Roach. Oh she'll eat them but they have to be dead first, kind of like a mafia hit.

Great Job.

Pauly
This is priceless. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. It details the plans a lot of new brides have until life gets in the way. I chuckled more than once. Excellent work.
This is so cute. I loved the voice. The part about the lobster was perfect! So typical of male vs. female. I,too, thought our marriage would be easy and perfect. We actually lead marriage classes now and have a great marriage, but accepting each other's differences was the key, just like you point out. And that isn't always easy. Thanks for this charming story.
08/15/07
Oh, what a riot! You have a PERFECT voice for this - I love the wry humor. A pleasure to read!
I love your way with words. If was like a friend telling you her story. Great job.
Very nice! I laughed ... and cried over Luther! I hooe this places. I loved the humor and intended puns.
Loved this. A wonderful tale of newlywed bliss (or blisters?).
I love this piece. It took me back in time to some of my own niave assumptions as a newlywed. I love the humor you wove throughout it too. Great writing!
08/15/07
This is simply delightful! I laughed and chuckled all the way through. The humor in this piece is fun and well written. Thanks for providing the chuckle I needed today!
08/15/07
OH! This is a fun one!! You did it! You wrote a fun/funny angry piece!! :-) I loved your voice--it made the piece. Great job.
I really loved this piece--hope it places. The humor, the mc's "impossible" dream, and the love that lasted were written just right.
08/16/07
This is just priceless, excellent writing here. The humor felt so natural but that is a gift to write like that. I loved the Navy touch, my husband's first marriage was pretty much a navy marriage and this story sounds like some of their happier times.
08/16/07
2nd in Level 2! Congratulations! I knew this was a special entry! Really happy for you. :)
08/16/07
liked it, creative and fun, sentimental and humorous.
08/17/07
Dianne, you are the BOMB! I love your voice! Walk straight up to Advanced....and then come and join me! You ARE a Master...and I'm calling it NOW! I can't wait to see what you write next! Keep it up, girlfriend!
08/17/07
This is funny! You captured emotions well in this piece.

I don't think you need the verse at the end. The piece stands fine on its own. Just my opinion, though.
08/17/07
Congrats, Dianne! Very well deserved blue ribbon on a delightful story. Great job! I'm proud to know you!
08/17/07
Wow! I blinked and there you are - in Advanced already.
Love your sense of humour. What a great satire on the Perfect Couple. I can't see how you can improve on that. Well done!
08/17/07
Wow! I blinked and there you are - in Advanced already.
Love your sense of humour. What a great satire on the Perfect Couple. My wife and I never fight - we merely get intense! ;)
I can't see how you can improve on that. Well done!
08/17/07
Wow! I blinked and there you are - in Advanced already.
Love your sense of humour. What a great satire on the Perfect Couple. My wife and I never fight - we merely get intense! ;)
I can't see how you can improve on that. Well done!
08/20/07
Wonderfully realistic and humorous "angry" piece, Dianne, and very deserving of your win! Hop on up to Advanced and sit with Cathy and me for a week or so until you move on to Masters! :)