The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1647 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/17/07
Spiritual Tron - excellent!
05/18/07
What a unique idea--great story!
SisJ
05/21/07
This works equally well as both sci-fi and allegory. Quite an accomplishment!
05/21/07
Exceptional allegory and science fiction. Love your ending, and all the details. Great stuff!
05/22/07
Good job!! I loved the allegory and I'm glad they won. :-)
Ooo, the ending is chilling! Kudos to you for a well-written story.
05/22/07
Whew! What a terrifying game! I'm not a video game player, and don't think I want to be now! :) Good suspense build up in this story!
Awesome! I was seriously glued to the screen to see what was going to happen. The only comment for improvement would be to hold back a bit on introducing the 'full armor of God part'. Let it be more of a suspense then bring it out about midway through. Hopefully I communicated that clearly! :-)
05/23/07
Fantastic!! This one has it all, creative and mastercrafted!!
Amazing! Absolutely loved it!
This is just excellent !!! Exciting and terrifying at the same time. And, oh, what a picture of spiritual warfare. I may never read Eph. again without thinking of this story.
How clever to put your characters into a video game for sci-fi! You did an outstanding job. I love how you used the Biblical warfare accoutrements for Christians.
05/24/07
Very creative. Good story.
Stunning! I have to admit, at first I thought, "cor-ny!" but I got so caught up in your great descriptions and the Biblical lesson you so interestingly wove through the story. Whew. And a brilliant ending.
Sheri! Congratulations on your win! Excellent writing! Blessings, Cheri
05/25/07
Congratulations, Sheri! I guess we are moving up to Advanced. Scary.
I did enjoy your story. :)
05/25/07
Once again, good job and very creative use of a video game to illustrate the Bible passage and show what happens in real life to us spiritually. Congratulations on your win!
I'm not into video games, so I really didn't follow this very well. But, it was compelling, and I'm sure the younger readers were with you all the way. The writing is good.