The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1173 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I enjoyed this article and the reminder we are all His work. He began the work and He alone can finish it! Thanks.
This article blessed me. I appreciated the way you looked at things and the way you carried your burden to the Lord. The work is one that can speak to people right where they are. To make this piece even more powerful you might want to consider a little paragraph revision. There are so many thoughts in it that deserve the impact that only paragraph division can give them. Use your gifts to continue to bless others. Write, write and write some more.
05/07/07
Telling your moving story was a very good way to also give us a valuable message. Thank you.
Very thought-provoking article. Yes, we are all unfinished in God's eyes. Help us to remain on the potter's wheel until he says, "It's finished."
05/09/07
What a story - you put us right in the middle of it, and taught us (quite effectively, I might add) of our role as clay in the Potter's hands.
Wonderful message, written with a courageous and wise heart. This was so heart-felt that I was travelling the emotional trek with you. Great job!
05/09/07
You caught my attention with your opening and the phrase, "I finally realized that it was not my place to remove these hardships from their lives. It was my job to come along side them, to encourage them in the Lord." really reached out and grabbed me. What an important truth (that we often miss in our effort to 'fix' things/people. Good job!
05/10/07
"Indeed, we are the clay, He is the potter. We are all Unfinished Work." An appropriate ending to an inspirational story filled with His wisdom.
I especially liked your realizations that they "were His finished work, not mine," and that "He didn't make distinctions between the 8 year old and the 80 year old." these are important truths to remember. Thanks for the reminder.
05/10/07
Very moving piece. I enjoyed the emotional roller coaster ride. The only thing I might suggest is to move the openning verse to the end. The lack of distinction between the 8 year old and 80 year old was powerful.
05/19/07
"...it was not my place to remove these hardships from their lives. It was my job to come along side them, to encourage them in the Lord."
This jumped out at me. So true, just being there is so often all we can do, and that is just what the Doctor ordered! Your writing indicates how the Lord has been "finishing" His good work in you, giving you genuine depth in Christian maturity.

Thank you, too, for commenting on my historical entry. I sure appreciate you, Friend!