The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1543 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/26/07
I loved this story! The characters all came alive with their contrasting colorful dialects--I especially enjoyed "hearing" the Scottish girls talk. Beaufiful descriptions also--I could see the roses and taste those scones!

The unusual title also sparked my curiosity. Great job!
04/27/07
Thank you. Of Scottish descent, I thoroughly enjoyed this delightful - and perhaps typical? - article and its associated web page. Love the depiction of the elegant conduct of the times!
04/30/07
Love the ending when Mairi is walking, reminded me of the old Beatles song "'til There Was You." Marvelous writing!
04/30/07
This felt so authentic to place - you did a wonderful job of setting here. This one fascinated me.
04/30/07
Wonderful title, totally charming story, true to the times and with delightful characters. I loved it.
Wonderful story, so sweet and charming. Great job.
Since I know nothing about foreign customs, I was a little overwhelmed here. I also felt that since church on Friday was mentioned that I would have liked to hear the answer somewhere in the writing. (unles I missed something). But you did a good job in creating a romantic relationship beginning. The writing was very good too.
05/02/07
A charming story and a bit of history new to most of us. I commend you for writing so well and establishing the mood that was so perfect for this story. Delightful!