The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1529 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/11/07
oh my goodness1 what a touching, heartbreaking story
01/12/07
Oh, how terribly sad. A very well written but heartbreaking story. I pray that all the "Graces" get the help they need. Praise God for the "Lisas" who tell what they know.
01/12/07
You can't end it there!!!
01/12/07
Powerful. I'm glad that you had her tell...
Powerful read.
01/13/07
Ooo. Ouch. It's terrible to think of what some little ones have to go through. I wanted her to tell her mom as soon as she got home, but I guess not all kid would feel that open. Powerful story.
01/16/07
Yikes! This is a powerful story, with a very brave protagonist. Well done.
01/16/07
OK, it's hinting time now, so I assume there isn't anything wrong with commenting on my own entry. I just wanted to let all the readers know something that I forgot (and didn't have enough words) to put in a end-note:

THIS IS A TRUE STORY. I did change it and fictionalize it, but only very slightly. "Little Lisa" is my mom. "Grace" is not her friend's real name.

But even if it wasn't actually based on a true story, everyone should know that this kind of thing, and even worse, happens everyday more often than you and I can count. And that's only in America.
01/16/07
Such a sad story, but this does happen far too often; and far too often it is kept a secret and the child suffers silently. Since it was true, I hope Lisa's mom told Grace's mom and/or the police and that Grace was spared futher abuse.
01/16/07
Oh wow - this is amazingly powerful, even more so knowing it is a true story. Thank you for sharing. Amazing!!
01/17/07
Wow...this was really an amazing story. Tragic, but very well-done nonetheless.
01/17/07
Most children can't bring themselves to tell until years later. Even when it's safe to tell their parents.

Sad and well told. I hope, since this is true, you submit this somewhere.

well done.
01/17/07
Great story! Wow ...I was hanging on with her...you developed the suspense and emotions perfectly! great writing!! Good ending too.:)
Pretty powerful stuff, and, unfortunately an all too common problem in our society.
I only wish more would "tell".
Thanks
01/20/07
So good it made my blood boil. I love how it ended so we could make up our own ending in our heads (in mine the step-dad gets what's coming to him!) It was great, I loved it.