The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1104 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/11/07
I was delighted by this story! Great description, dialogue, and characterization. I could just see Mawmaw and hear her talking! Felt as though I were there baking with them.
01/12/07
Such a lovely and heartwarming story! The kitchen and its occupants came to life for me. What a wonderful memory! Pssst! Can you please pass some of those biscuits this way???
01/13/07
I could almost smell 'em. Loved this sentence: "Sometimes when I’m kneading dough, I feel a breeze brush by my neck and it’s like she’s standing over me again." Good work!
01/15/07
I loved your entry. I could actually enter into your story and picture my 'gram' and another little girl. Thanks for the memory.
01/16/07
Very good! I loved every word!
01/16/07
Excellent story! How blessed any little girl would be to have a MawMaw like that to teach her how to cook and how to live! The conversation between the two was wonderfully done!
Great story, the conversation and dialect is awesome, I just loved it!
01/18/07
Just love the relationship between these two - you describe it beautifully! I enjoyed this immensely!
01/18/07
Congratulations on placing third in Intermediates with this entry. It is sooo worth it! It's not only precious - but very well written. You did a great job.
Good writing! Congratulations on the win!