The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1518 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Touching poem
03/22/05
What a pleasure it is to see another poem in this set! I was beginning to think I am the only one who writes poetry! Very interesting poem! Gene Hisey
03/22/05
This is really good. I loved how you kept the identity of the person a bit secret as your poem unfolded, but as you neared the end I knew who you were talking about and thinking of my own Mom's face made me all teary-eyed. Thanks for this heart-felt poem. Very nice job.
03/23/05
I love your poem.

It is very well written.

A great tribute to Mothers.

Kathy
This is more than a well written poem; I think you captured the true heart of a leader and one that is often over looked. Just a beautiful tribute to the true leaders of the world.
03/24/05
Beautiful. I echo the other comments above.
Beautifully written poem !
The message captures my heart as a mother, and inspires me to lead by example. Good job!
03/25/05
Wonderful poem! The title was well chosen as the poem spoke of a humble mother's heart.
03/28/05
Beautiful! I worked with young girs who felt that they had to work outside the home when they married or else they would be a leech on their husband. How they missed the grandest of a mother's role. How I wished I had had this poem to share with them. Is truly is inspirational! Keep sharing your gift.
Another beautiful poem by Nancy. Just delightful!
03/28/05
Well done. Tremendous job, Nancy. Thanks.
Very nice! Makes me proud to be a mother! Blessings, Cheri
03/28/05
I enjoyed your poem. Congratulations!
03/30/05
Nancy, congratulations on a well-deserved win. 2nd place in the Level 2 Champion Challenge and 4th place in the Editor's Choice is really a credit to you. It may be worth considering a move up to Level 3 from the start of next quarter. If not, you will need to move up if you place in the Editor's Choice again in the future. But for now, congratulations again. You deserve it! With love, Deb (Challenge Co-ordinator)
Congratulations Nancy. A moving poem that so reminds me of my own mother, who has been with our Savior for 4 years now. What a blessing to have such an example to follow. We are both blessed by our mothers, and now many will be blessed by your testimony. A very feel-good read. Thanks and may God continue to bless your writing as you honor Him. In Christ's name, Karen
04/04/05
Oh Nancy, it's beautiful. I'm reminded of Proverbs 31, "Her children rise up and call her blessed." Your poem is not only a loving tribute to your mom but an inspiration to all mothers. Thank you.
Your gift to write is clearly evident in this piece. (don't have a lot of time to read often) It inspires and motivates to honor one's mother and think much about the blessing a mother is.
04/13/05
Nancy,
The flow of this poem is perfect. It really should be sent out for consideration to some magazines,ezines. It is just beautiful and a great reminder of a high calling. Blessings!