The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1425 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Cute, playful in spots, and easy to read! I liked the progression (which I identify with) from lowly, compliant, bored, stuck, to hopefuly, contented, happy. Interesting way to do a character study!
09/10/06
How cute! This made me smile. I too love the progression. Just a fasincating sweet little story, easy to read. Thanks so much and keep up the great job!
09/11/06
"A hopeful drop am I." Yes! That's me! I loved this poem and how it took a single drop, through so many emotions and to it's destiny. It made me smile today, thank you!:-)
09/11/06
Awww.......I loved reading this river entry from a drop of water's perspective.

My favorite:
Just one of millions, here I am,
I don’t know why I even try
To stand out from the rest of them.
I’m nothing special, that’s for sure,
A lowly drop am I.

Great poem! I loved the journey.
What a cute poem! Well done!
09/11/06
What I like - I really liked the ending best! This was written from a nice perspective.
What I might change - sometimes the 'I' seemed to stick out abit too much but the more I read it the more I found you wrote it that way. I am by no means a poetry expert so how it is laid out means nothing to me - I am just going on how it makes me feel when I read it and it was a delight!!
09/11/06
Fascinating point of view, very original! And what joy there is in making others happy.
09/11/06
I really enjoyed the progression of the drop, and the way that the drop's feelings changed with its perspective of the river and of its destiny. I liked the concept of giving a personality to a drop!
This was really cute. Enjoyed the read. Keep sharing.
09/12/06
This is so sweet. I love it. A reader can take the story of the yearning little drop and apply it to a human being, just one among such masses of humanity, longing for something special. You are a delightful writer.
09/14/06
Congratulations, Laurie!
09/14/06
Way to go Laurie!!!
09/14/06
Congratulations Laurie friend! This is a gem! I loved every line and enjoyed 'being' that lonely drop.' Wow!
09/14/06
Laurie! WhooHoo! First place! Congratulations on your diligence, keeping on til you reached the goal. I'm so happy for you! "Minnesota Nice" will have to have a party in your honor. :)
09/14/06
Congratulations, Laurie! A wonderful, delightful, insightful piece!
09/14/06
Congratulations on your "First Place" win! God bless you as you continue to grow in your gifts and talents! Very, very well done ... Excellent!
09/14/06
Laurie, I knew this was awesome! Way to go! First place! Your moving up after the break:-)
09/15/06
WOW, Laurie!!
Congrats on your first place. God bless.
Congrats on your 1st Place win. I loved reading this. Keep writing.
09/15/06
Congratulations on your win for such a wonderful, poem. May the one drop we are in this sea of life give pleasure and life to others. Blessings Brenda
Congratulations, Laurie! This is such a very charming and endearing piece! I felt I was splashing and swimming along with that little drop! Your creative rhyme scheme is truly appealing too. This 'first' was certainly due you! Congrats again!
I just {finally) got around to reading this, and I love it! Congratulations. You must be a very happy drop now!