The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1591 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Is this the "infamous" underliner? ;) If not, excuse me. LOL This is beautiful! I really enjoyed this! Thanks for sharing!
12/12/05
Yes...
12/12/05
Ditto! With a double Wow! Great! (Only bloop was you needed an "an" instead of an "a")... Just Beautiful! AND very well written! Kudos
12/14/05
Very interesting--I've been encouraging lots of poets to make their poems into essays---but this essay begs to be a poem. It's just beautiful. Great job!
I liked the tone of this--very conversational. I felt like I was sitting down listening to you tell a story. I enjoyed it!
12/16/05
This is beautiful! May we always remember those trees on that hill long ago when everything around us seems barren. Yes, yes. make it a poem! Wonderful!
12/16/05
Thanks for sharing your thoughts in this one...God is so amazing! He can use the most seemingly incidental events to cause us to give glory to Jesus!
I've never seen the redwoods, but you made me wish I could with your opening paragraph. I live in an area that once was miles and miles of dense white pine stands. One of those stands has been preserved like the three trees you saw so that we can get a feel for what once was, but is no more.
Now look what you did! I'm waxing eloquent!
Anyway, your final paragraph really got me! And I will take care! Bless you!
12/17/05
A powerful lesson -well done.
12/18/05
Good stuff... I like the fact that as I read this, I can hear a song, feel a poem and clearly envision a pastor using this message in worship. I really enjoyed this.
12/19/05
A beautiful and gentle reminder - one we should always keep before us. Good musings!
Beautifully said, pup! Straight from the heart and lyrically lovely.
great article, pup! I really enjoyed reading this! i want to see the redwoods someday.