The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1924 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/24/05
Superb imagery! I could easily picture the setting, and the thoughts and feelings of the child were communicated so well. The mother's words were so powerful, and soothing, and full of much truth, that God will conquer our fears . . . if we let Him!
10/26/05
As children we don't always relish the wise words of our parents. I'm glad that this young lady did! Thanks!
I liked how you said the daughter feared a sermon coming on. It alowed you to get the message in without sounding forced. Great job.
10/27/05
I enjoyed reading. :) Touching and thought-provoking.
I love the title. Mothers' arms can be tender walls that guard,protect and squeeze our fears away. Great story! Thanks fro sharing.
10/27/05
Very timely and intimate writing. Thanks.
Very well written and you were able to introduce the 'lesson' so naturally. Good job.
10/28/05
'“Trust Him, Beck.” A soothing arm closed around her shaking shoulders releasing her heart’s flood of tears.' I really liked the warm hug equated with God. You captured this experience very well and had us living it with Beth. Good job! (ps. I almost wrote about the same thing! :) )

10/28/05
You portrayed your setting and the characters so realistically - I felt like I was in the closet with them. Great job!!!
10/29/05
Very well done -
10/29/05
Nice story! How scary trust can be in the beginning, but its perfected in practice. I'm glad her mother was an encouragement to her.
11/01/05
Terri, congratulations on your 3rd place in the Level 2 awards, but I wanted to let you know that you also ranked 15th out of 147 entries. Well done! With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)