The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1295 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Thank you for sharing one of God's oh moments. I love how God sends people into our lives to help us grow. God's oh moments are life changing. Keep writing and God bless.
A beautiful article. I'm sure it will call many into the mission's field. Thank you for sharing.
02/11/10
God works in amazing ways in our lives.No telling where He will lead us. I was in Africa in Zambia for five years. Thanks for sharing a way that God works through people. Keep writing.
Great job, very well written and touching.
02/17/10
I particularly loved your opening few lines. It really set the tone and hooked me into the story. You are in a good place with your structure and pacing, now don't be afraid to play around more with drama and emotion. Well done!
02/17/10
Love the "ohhh" moment here.

I'd never heard the name "Emmebet" before, and I think it's beautiful.
02/17/10
I really enjoyed this article. I have a huge place in my heart for missions and it reminded me of many similar emotions I felt getting ready to go to Ecuador. I had no idea so many people would have adverse reactions to me loving and helping people.

This line I loved "When I ran in the mornings I could identify the right shapes and colors, but something lacked in the hues."
02/17/10
Wow....your comparison of the dawn to the "revelation" of helping people was right on target. I was a bit confused at first about who Emmebet was, but I kept reading and found out very soon. Keep up the good writing!
Thoroughly enjoyed this article and the way you wove/told your story with the conversation and the reflective thoughts of the MC. I liked, too some of the rebuttals you used for staying vs. going on a mission overseas. If anything (and this is not necessarily red ink) I would have liked to have seen more of the heart-felt, life-changing conviction coming from the passion of MC and not necessarily from the man who convinced her into going. Hope that makes sense - I really, really enjoyed this.
Well put together story, congrats on your win!
02/18/10
As a serving missionary, I echo the sentiments expressed here.
Money is of course important but there's no beating a person willing to heed the call of Christ and go. And not just for a week or two, but to go for long enough to really understand what's going on. That's how you really make a difference. Congratulations on your win.