The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 615 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Thank you, God, for "puddle" moments! Without them we'd all be leaking and empty. I could totally relate to your experience.
06/13/09
good story. I love the description of that change over season
06/14/09
I'm sure all mums can identify with this feeling. The analogy with the puddle was great; what a simple yet profound lesson!
I wonder if you were also hinting at what we are sowing into our kids? If we always go flat out with their schedules are we teaching them that this is how life should be? I think it was good to say, "No, let's not squeeze today", and it was lovely that the child actually preferred the Mum's company when it was on offer...!
On a technical note, I would put double spacing between the quotations at the start of the story. It would make it easier to read.
An important lesson and well written.
This piece is so powerful and it truly follows the life of a loving, giving and caring mother. The old adage. A man works from sun to sun but a womans work is never done. Thank you for sharing.
06/14/09
Powerful and moving. Thanks for sharing.
06/16/09
An excellent reminder to all of us over-committed families. Have a picnic and rejoice in simple time together!