The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1029 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/04/09
Peaceful, and pleasant to read. Now I want some fresh-baked bread!
06/04/09
"...aromas of baking come in little plastic bottles..." truly captured how our culture has shifted from participating in the process to just enjoying the proceeds. A family, baking bread and sharing the results was a much better picture.
I enjoyed the history blended into this story. Good job.
06/12/09
I close my eyes, and in my mind I can put myself right into your story. The descriptions are so vivid that I can "sense" all the sights, sounds, textures, tastes and smells. Wonderful story...
thank you by the way for your kind words for my story.
I particularly liked the idea of the cycle of seasons turning .ike the water wheel. I wondered if it would come more alive if actual names were used- fictitious or otherwise?
Names seem to enable us to connect to the people. I often choose to read articles with a name in the title. Your descriptions are brilliant, and as others have said you can imagine being right there.
12/18/10
Well, I read this one because I love to bake bread. You really did a great job of description. I could almost smell the bread and enjoyed the homey atmosphere. Great job of writing this.