The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1080 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Another tale of The Forgotten One, and a further glimpse into his history.

I love your descriptions in this entry, they make it come alive. I love how he acknowledges the old woman as his mother and tenderly kisses her before finding her a place to stay.

Long live The Forgotten One!
05/02/08
This is my first week with FaithWriters and I must say, the character in this story is captivating. From the previous comment I assume this might be an ongoing chronicle. I hope it is and will be looking for future episodes.
I felt very comforted as I read this. To be able to make amends for the wrongs we have done and have endured. Wonderful descriptions.
05/05/08
Captivating title and amazing descriptions. Well done.
I love these stories! My only complaint is that you can't seem to write them fast enough to keep me satisfied. I always feel like they are each just tiny morsels of a much bigger feast, and so I am constantly hungering for more.

Mick, you deserved this 1st place win, and I am so happy to see you get to move up to advanced where you belong. Keep up the awesome writing and the awesome stories.
05/08/08
Interesting study in archetypal characterization.

I had to look up a definition or two but it was worth the dig.

You get the reader into the head of your character well. I confess I wanted to see the scenery a little clearer, but the the details given support the tale well.

Congrats on 1st place!
Mick, I am so glad this story has been recognized, and look forward to your work in Advanced. Excellent, as usual.
05/10/08
Your style of writing brought so much life to this story. I like how you didn't specifically answer the question on the reader's mind - that this definitely was his mother. It would have been too neat a package to deliver. (Does that make sense?) Loved the ending where he still tends to her needs even if she might not be his mother. Congratulations! You have set the standard high.