The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1331 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/30/07
Your narrator is so real and honest--the detail of her doodling in her bulletin is classic.
12/03/07
I really enjoyed this - a testimony of the gift of helps in health and an extension of that through prayer in infirmity. Wonderful. Thank you - Thank you.
12/04/07
Top notch, I'm impressed. Anointed message to. God bless.
12/04/07
I love the authenticity of this piece. Very, very good.
12/04/07
What a marvelous gift to give to another person; devoted prayer! Beautiful story of a life well-lived.
I love your realistic writing style. Your vivid descriptions pull your reader into the story. Maddie reminds me of the "Prayer Warriors" in my life. Excellent writing!
12/04/07
It great way to show how people we write off are an important part of the Church. Makes me want to give the pastor a shake and ask him why he didn't send people to get taught how to pray.
12/04/07
Beautiful story illustrating just how little we know about all the Spirit is doing through his willing people.
12/04/07
Tissues, please! I've received this gift--rather, I've been on the receiving end of a prayer warrior's gift. Excellent job. I loved it. The doodling girl really spiced this up and added great character. :-) Hugs!
12/04/07
Goes beyond well written. This is beautiful. I hope the judges see it as well.
12/04/07
This is an AMAZING first entry - absolutely beautifully written and so compelling and touching.
Excellent. Speaking of gifts...YOU are a gifted writer! Great job!
12/05/07
This is beautiful. I love the doodling in the bulletin part -- it adds such a depth, a reality to the story. Your writing is very good. And great job with the topic.
I love the way you described this wonderful prayer warrior. I also loved how you told it through the eyes of your MC. Great writing!
You are a gifted writer. I would think you'll be moving up through the ranks quickly. This piece demonstrated beautifully the gift of faith in prayer. I have just such a friend who has prayer for me.
This was a great piece. I liked the character of Maddie Parker. It was simple and sweet. I especially liked the examples, like the school play and the car accident. Doodling on the bulletin was a neat touch too!
12/08/07
Congrats on your placing. This was a great article.
Congratulations on your placement this week, and welcome to Faithwriters!
Shelly,
I'm impressed. I've always beleived in the power of prayer. And I love the way you told of it's powers so eloquently. Great job. God Bless