The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 800 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/30/07
I have a special place in my heart for the severely disable, and this story really touched me.
11/30/07
Yikes, I meant "disabled."
Loss and celebration...the bittersweet. Very touching story. Our hope mixed with our human-ness. You captured it very well here.
12/02/07
Very touching and Alicia's response is remarkable and indeed Spirit-filled.
12/03/07
Wow, I love this touching story. I especially like the emphasis Alicia put on her much loved sister's "new" life and the celebration that surely must have been happening in Heaven that day. I lost a husband to cancer; and can understand the bittersweet feelings of his home-going.
This is so hearfelt, a real tearjerker! I had goosebumps reading about this and Alicia's reaction was beautiful, you gave a glimpse into something very special here. Great writing!
12/08/07
Congrats on your placing. Hard to believe this article was in intermediate, I was sure I was reading an advanced or masters article!
12/08/07
Absolutely wonderful. What a gift! This deserves much more than Highly Recommended - you should have been in First Place.
God bless and kep writing.