The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 867 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/11/07
I felt the emotion and the despair which makes this good writing. Self-hatred, anger turned inward, assuming you know what others are thinking — and it's all bad. A sad story with a tragic ending. Better to say it all to God rather than the mirror. He never looks back in anger, only in compassion and healing.
This is very sad. I would have wished for a happier ending. But life doesn't alway end happily. A very good job of showing this emotion.
Oh! this is so sad. You can feel the emotions, anger and hatred. Very well written piece. Excellent title too.
08/17/07
Congratulations, Susan. Your entry has placed 11th in Level 2. The Lists for the Top 15 in each Level and the Top 40 overall are available in the Weekly Results and Highest Rankings forum of our Faithwriters Message Boards.
An extremely sad piece, and told well. You showed us an angry person, possibly not understanding this girl's problem. Tragic ending written well.
08/22/07
This is so painful to read, but I know we all practice various amounts of self-loathing, maybe not to this extent, but we can be so hard on ourselves. If only we could be aware of the love that God has for each of us when we're in despair; we could realize how important we are to the Creator of everything!I could feel the intensity of the MC's pain.