The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1451 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Good message. Happiness *is* a choice. I like your ladies, too.
07/19/07
Your ladies definitely have personality! A delightful read with a WONDERFUL message.
07/19/07
The dialog was excellent. The characters seemed to come alive for me. Very well written. Good Job!
Excellent writing on this topic. The characters came to life for me and that's what a story is about.
07/21/07
I liked this one too!
07/22/07
Interesting dialogue. Your characters came alive in it and the wonderful message was given to strengthen our faith.
I can't think of a better way to illustrate that, indeed, we choose to be happy no matter what the circumstance. Your characters described well and the dialogue realistic. Good writing.
Becky is such a darling! I love her and her character, what a gem she chose to share with her two friends. This was a delightful read! ^_^
07/25/07
Really good message. Nice writing -- your dialogue flowed really well.

One small observation -- I'm on the older side of my 40's, and I wouldn't refer to myself as an "old bird". :) When I read that piece of dialogue, I had to go back and look at their ages again. But, then again, maybe us late 40's women do look/act like old birds. :(

Good story -- right on topic.
07/26/07
This was a very cute story with a great message.

Happiness is a choice, but it's not the same as joy. It sounded like Becky was confusing the two in her speech at the end? It's been my experience that you can still have "the joy of the Lord" without being happy all the time. Happiness is only temporary. Joyfulness is a constant state of being.

Also, you might want to reread and look for words you can cut out. It seemed like there were some unnecessary "filler" words, and they can get you into trouble in a piece as short as this.

All in all, I think you did a great job with this. Thanks for sharing!
I wanted to be in the coffee shop with these three ladies. They were delightful as was this story. Good, solid writing. Nice job!