The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 870 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/26/07
This story delighted me! I enjoyed the humorous narrative (my favorite word: "nut-phisticated"). Great descriptions too--I could just see the village and the nut vendor and especially taste his exotic variety of yummy nuts!

Past and present tense get mixed up in some of the lines. Would be good to keep the narrative either all past or all present tense.

Great title--that drew me in right away and perfectly fit the story!

04/28/07
I adore your writing style -- cute, comic and very intriguing. It made me laugh and want some nuts. I think I have a can somewhere. Excuse me while I go and look.
05/01/07
I too like your story and like you I love nuts, both the food type and the human type. I do agree with Julie that you need to be careful not to mix present and past. Words like "would", "was", "have" , "had", "has" and "that" are often unnecessary words. They edit out easily when you re-write. With that said I still like your story. Please keep facinating us with your spirit and your sense of humor. You are one of the good nuts. Your writing brings out what I suspect is the same charm that won your husband over.