The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1244 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/08/06
Excellent, gripping writing. Great character development.

I'd have liked to know a bit more about the setting, both time and place. You gave us hints, even a place name, but it's unfamiliar to me, and I wasn't sure where or when the story was taking place.

Really good job, one of my favorites on this level.
12/08/06
Good job, a very likeable character and a pleasant read.
12/08/06
Oops, that last comment is for the next story, sorry.
Your story goes to show that we never know where or when God will use us. You did a great job of writing. It is a lesson to all of us to be ready to serve in whatever circumstances we find ourselves. Thanks for posting this article.
Whoa! Great story and a appropriate title. I loved the end, God sure does work in amazing ways! ;)
12/13/06
Great story! Written well! When I shed tears - it's because something touched me, and indeed, this story touched me to the core. Great job!
12/14/06
This was well written and kept my attention all the way through. The ending was emotional and satisfying. Good details about his ordeal.
A gripping opening, and what a great story that follows. I think it would have been good ending right after the inmate's line “I guess you’re the answer to our prayer.” , but I also like the last line, the repeating of his thoughts.

LOVE this: Gradually he felt his heart surrender. “Lord, I’m here for You. If You want me here, please help me to have peace and keep me true to You.” And the sweet presence of the Lord crept over him, just as real as he had ever felt in a church service. What a great lesson right there about the rewards of surrendering.

Fabulous writing! Well done!!
Congratualtions! I can't beleive I hadn't read this before today! I tried to get them all read, but I must have missed this. I was captured in the story and read with pleasure to the end!
Well deserved Ist Place!
Excellent. This first few lines got my attention, and the rest of the story held it. Great ending. Congrats on your win.
12/14/06
A great story, grippingly told. Congratulations
01/05/07
A gripping short story about how deep God's love is. He cares for those that no one else does. I loved it!