The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1544 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/25/06
Great story, well-written. Congratulations.
05/25/06
Very good story.

I don't know exactly how to do it - but the words of the song at the end, or the thoughts of Mama would have looked really effective is they were in italics.
05/26/06
Very nice, well written article. I like the song choice "swing low sweet chariot." Good continuity and flow. :)
05/27/06
I can feel the wonderful characters in this beautifully written piece. Well done.
05/27/06
A very well-presented story. Written with much feeling and clarity. After Cassie's sadness at Mama's death, one could appreciate the joy she experienced at listening to Mama's words inside her heart. Beautifully done.
Very good writing. I enjoyed your story very much. Great use of the topic, as mama's joy becomes cassie's own. The joy of the Lord is our strength!
06/01/06
What a beautiful piece of writing! The story is so complete (no loose ends), your composition so polished (I didn't spot a word out of place), and I love the way you did the ending!
I think I am reading a Master! God bless your writing!
06/02/06
Congratulations, Julia! I'm so happy to see this great entry of yours recive recognition. Keep writing---you do know how!
06/02/06
Thanks to everyone for all your kind comments, I really appreciate them. As Melanie pointed out, parts of it would look better in italics but I can't figure out how to do it either. Whether I copy and paste or download from a text file, anything bold or italics goes away. Anybody got a suggestion?