The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1039 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/07/06
Nice. A couple of minor grammar things like: "she had never met" It's hard to argue with a dream because dreams aren't necessarily biblically accurate but I doubt that: "There were life size statues of famous Christians in the entry way" or babies looking for homes, but those things don't take away from a delightful picture, wonderful sentiment and a well written piece.
03/10/06
Thank you for writing and sharing your dream with me. Your writing is clear, easy to understand, and straight from the heart. You grabbed my attention right at the first, which is hard to do, and I couldn't leave your article until I finished reading it. I wish I could say as much for my own writing!

Thanks again. Please keep on keeping on. I need to read what God has put in your heart to say!

Blessings, Shari Brian
03/10/06
Very sweet.
03/11/06
This is a really well organized piece of writing for a beginner! Well done. I enjoyed reading it and felt a joyful leap of hope for all the unwanted babies. I look forward to such a reunion also. One hint: If your character is crying, you don't need to tell us she feeling sad – the reader knows that. Being aware of repetitions like that will give you more words to play with. yeggy

03/11/06
I have one sibling here on earth- but I have two more waiting for me in heaven (miscarriages), so this touched me.

~Zac
I think I am finally getting what other people are saying about my writing - more details. I found that the more details in the story (without going into excess) the more the reader connects with the story. I wanted to know what some of those people looked like, not just their family titles. Describe a statue by having her bump into one or something.

Anyway, thank you for the cute story. It is a good devotional piece.