The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 741 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/04/14
What can I say about this magnificently written and delivered piece of brilliant writing??? One word...EXCELLENT!

Your descriptive start (replete with fabulous choice of words!) gave way to an all too important message that was enveloped by your segue ultimately leading to a dynamic wrap-up.

Amazing work...prolific style of writing. You will not be in this level too long. I'm thinking you might have chosen the wrong level to begin with. Look at the guidelines for where to start again.

In any case.

I loved it!

God bless~
It started off kinda slow but it gained intensity and soon was read at a steady interesting pace.

I liked your application.

I am glad those 3000 or so saw what they needed to do in Acts chapter 2 to get rid of their sin that Peter told them about.

This was a cute personal interest article that would interest many who have the same problem.
09/05/14
Great job. You've taken us on a relentless fun trip that even neat-freaks could pause to enjoy before they rush to judgement.
Without joining the ranks of those neat-freaks, I'd suggest that you toss in (a neat-freak would say "carefully position") two or three more paragraph breaks for your readers before you pounce on us with yet another gem.
I also feel that you will not stay at this level for long.
Oh boy, that was delightful. I absolutely feel your pain about husbands' lunch Tupperware. Ha ha!!

I would add a second vote for maybe some shorter paragraphs, but it could be just me. :)

How entertaining, and such a clever way of presenting a strong message! And I love your fun words.
09/11/14
Well, if you are in Level One much longer, I will be surprised.

This is excellent writing. Your choice of words and phrases are great. Creative use of the topic and the Word of God.

Thanks for sharing.
09/11/14
I loved the message that comes across in this piece! Certainly we all must come to understand our need for God's grace and the super cleanser of Jesus' shed blood.

As I first started reading I thought it was going to bore me to tears, talking about washing dishes. But then as you began to relate it to spiritual cleansing you had me. And yes, only God is good!

A couple tips: I'd break the first and second paragraphs up into at least two more paragraphs. Some readers will pass it by and not read it simply because of long paragraphs.

And you did splendid in relating your own testimony of realizing the need for cleansing, but in the end you pointed it outward towards the reader. Personally I don't mind that, but many folks take that as being preachy and find it abrasive (conviction?). I learned that one the hard way!

Overall good entry! You definitely have a great talent for writing. Keep it coming!